Okay. So it’s been a year-ish since I’ve written in the blog. Let’s she, how have things changed…
1) Weight loss – I’m down 85 lbs. I’m proud to be in my high school size (you better believe I put on one of my prom dresses the other day and danced with the hubbz). Here’s a photo from around 70 lbs lost:
2) Job – So I quit my job at the end of 2011 so that I could student teach. Amazing fact, I have never been happier and more relaxed. Although I do severely miss TxtingMrDarcy, I do not miss the day in and day out crap associated with my monster boss. Which reminds me of a story: queue foggy cloud scene…the last day of work…I had a mini party of pizza and goodbyes from coworkers. The vice president of the department told me to leave by 1pm at the latest since it was my last day. I said adios to friends and then decided to contact the boss to say goodbye. “I was getting ready to take off, I’ve checked with coworkers and everyone is caught up. Have a gre….” MS, as she is referred to as, responded with “sure, as long as you use vacation…” now if I had been bright and witty I would have responded with: sure, I’ve got a cough, should take sick time. (PS, the company pays out vacay time not sick time). Instead, I hung around for the entire time. Ugh. But good news is, I am done with that place and never even used it as a reference.
3) School – I finished student teaching. Fact, I should have always been a teacher. I loved every single minute of teaching. I miss student teaching sooooo much. These are some photos of my going away party at school:
4) Job 2 – I accepted a teaching position already. I will be teaching 8th grade science. Starting August 3rd, I will finally have my own classroom. You better believe I’m reading up on my classroom management books. From my class of student teachers, I am 1 of 2 who have jobs. I am not extremely confident with the positions available this year, but am proud to have the position I have.
5) Random – nothing new to add with me and the hubby or our crazy doggie. I got trapped in an elevator with one of my sisters last weekend. The hubbz and I are looking at buying a new car (I like the gmc terrain). Other than that….life is good.
Until next time…